Keep It Running
Click on the link above to read a great PDF article on keeping your AR-15 lubricated and running.
I like the MEAL acronym a lot
- A lot of rifle stoppages are caused by bad magazines
- Prior to the Magpul PMAG hitting the scene, most of the AR15 magazines available were military surplus STANAG Aluminum magazines made by a wide variety of contractors. The quality varied widely.
- When I worked at a gun shop, I often told customers to save themselves the drama that came from trying to pick out a good alumnium AR-15 magazine and just get the Magpul PMAGs.English: Colt AR-15 A3 Tactical Carbine. Used by counter-terrorist (CT) forces in Counter-Strike (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
- Extractors can get worn out.
- Keep the chamber area clean!
- Quality ammunition makes a big difference.
- Be sure to read your owner’s manual and lubricate on all points where it is needed.
- Understand the difference between oil and grease.
The same principles can be applied to an AK47, M14, or other rifles as well.